Wednesday 3 June 2015

Seminar: An introduction to PsychoPy

A few weeks ago, I had the honour of attending a course on PsychoPy, presented by the creator himself Jon Peirce from the University of Nottingham. Being a novice researcher (and even more novice programmer) I was worried that the session would be beyond me. However, Pierce made the whole session extremely accessible, with the software being designed for budding undergraduate social scientists.

The software essentially allows for the create of computer-based lab experiments, either using programming or using an intuitive builder mode. The programme is called PsychoPy and is free to download. Having had some experience of the software in the session, it was precise but really easy to pick up and explore. 


I'm extremely glad that, in some universities, they are being taught how to create their own experiments with this software, as this is something I feel I missed out on a bit at undergraduate level. I would urge all budding scientists to download this programme and have a play around. It could be an important tool in your future research. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the positive words Sian. Glad you found it useful! :-)

    ReplyDelete